Saturday, December 26, 2009

Agnes Christmas Swap

This year, Christmas is a little bit different from yesteryears. Instead of buying gifts off-shelf, I've joined a group of people to get all our hands dirty and make something out of scratch.


I know my partner (being a typical girl) would love something really genuinely hand-made from raw materials. It's not that I am not capable to do so but I want to give her something unexpected. I bought a canvas (the socks) and paint over it with cut-outs from cloth and hand sew it. To top that, the cherry keychain (which people thought it came together with the socks) was handmade. From scratch.

But, it saddens me when the recipient did not quite like my gift for her. I always a firm believer that "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". Her disappointment saddens me deeply. I appologize for her dissapointment.

But seriously, what do you guys think of these gifts? I'm in desperate need for constructive comments.

5 comments:

  1. caca....sek sek la...dun so sad...... ur handmade socks look great, and it was a big effort on how u beautified it...i think this is good enough for me, everyone has different expectation...

    i'm even worse... have not receive my 2nd gift... maybe i'm getting it NEXT christmas... such a irresponsible partner i have...sob sob....

    don't sad ya... muak muak

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is never easy to satisfy all human beings, i am also little sad with a swap present that i received, but i take it easy, people are busy, do not expect so much. If you enjoy to take part, put your effort in it. To me the most exciting part should be the presents that i prepared, not the gift that i received :p maybe you focus too much on the socks :p i use a use cloth and just sew into a socks shape :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, i just check all beads that you do, it can should be a great swap gift that everyone will appreciate...~

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girl, don't be sad. May be she should visit your blog deeper so that she will know how good you are getting since are so new! I do receive gift which I won't say I love it so much. But I know I shouldn't simply hurts people just because of my tiny little disappointed feelings. People need courage and support to do better. :) There are still a lot of support out there will appreciate your creativity. ^*^

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sad that this swap made somebody have a sad xmas. It's really hard to gather all handmade n have this kind of swap in Malaysia. Sometimes, i feel fed up also..cos somebody maybe will said tat there is no time for me to prepare the gift... Thats y i sengaja organized this swap since sept. Something disappointed is still got ppl gv me this excuse: "Sorry, I'm so busy!!" How should i respond? Maybe this is last swap for me...

    btw, hope you forget about this and enjoy the process of crafting. I hope everybody happy with what they sent n what they received.

    Dun be so sad la....;-)

    ReplyDelete